If you thought Tuesday’s South Final of the Under 11s Cup was entertaining, we have another action packed, goal-thriller and exciting day of football awaiting us this week. The Northern Finals of the cup will be held in Bradford this Friday, with the two sets of winners of the tournament playing Southern champions Woking (Beaufort Primary School) for the girls and Dartford (Danson Primary) for the boys at Wembley Stadium on the 12th May.
The clubs participating in the Northern final are as follows:
- Gateshead, represented by Portobello Primary School. The girls recently took part in the region finals which were held at Harrogate Town FC. The team found the experience competitive but highly enjoyable; giving an excellent all-round team performance against some very talented sides. They are excited for what is yet to come on Friday.
- Hartlepool United’s representatives Clavering Primary are a school which the club have worked with for years, providing after school sessions and tournament opportunities for both boys and girls. Not to mention that one of the girls who has made the team is the sister of current Hartlepool United player Liam Pritchard!
- Tamworth. The U11 girls at Three Peaks Academy scored an impressive 12 goals against their conceded three on route to the final of the regional’s. The girls beat Wrexham’s representative team 2-0 in the final thanks to a solid performance.
- Tranmere Rovers (St Joseph’s Primary School, Birkenhead). Having won all their games in the Area finals at Stockport County they narrowly lost out to Chester in the final 4-3 but progressed as runners up. Good luck in this tournament!
- Chester (Kelsall School) are very excited to be apart of Friday and have vowed to put 100% into their performance with hope that Wembley will be the next stop!
- Harrogate Town are represented by Fountains Church of England Primary who are a small, rural school located in the beautiful village of Grantley, not far from Fountains Abbey.
- Solihull Moors and Shirley Heath School, their representatives for the Under 11s Cup, have a very good relationship and are being coached by Gaz Davies.
- Tamworth (Birds Bush Primary). The Under 11s beat Manor Primary in the Tamworth Finals to progress to the Regional Tournament. Despite losing in the final 1-0, they impressively played well throughout, scoring 12 and conceding 2.
- Tranmere Rovers (Birkenhead Prep School), were crowned champions in the Area final at Stockport County after beating Chester 4-0 in the final. Good luck boys!
- Representing York City FC, Hutton Rudby are an attack minded team with a never say die attitude. Each player has played a massive part in our successes thus far this season, from the vital goals scored by Wilbur & Jamie, to Jimmy, Timmy, & Marcus’ wondergoals. Not to mention Cian & Lewis’ incredible saves, the work ethic shown by unsung hero Adam and the defensive masterclasses shown by Matthew & Henry. It has been an incredible adventure that is hopefully just beginning.
- Chester (St Werburghs & St Columba’s Catholic Primary School). The team have had a very successful year winning the Chester ESFA Cup and representing the school at the county finals where they were undefeated. The team has also won all their games during their league campaign, winning their league and progressing to the Champions Day for Chester schools at Manchester City FC.
Good luck to the boys and girls taking part in the competition. All of us here at the National League Trust wish you the best of luck. We will see some of you at Wembley!